Grandma’s Great Gourd v1.0.1
Grandma’s Great Gourd v1.0.1
Overview: Go on a game-rich adventure with one spunky Grandma who has to hide from some very hungry forest animals, deep in the forests of Bengal! Our storybook app has built in gameplay and is based on an award-winning picture book retelling of a trickster tale from South Asia by best-selling author Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.
You will get 4 rich experiences in your one-time download:
READ: An animated, interactive adventure story based on a Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2013 children’s picture book “Grandma and the Great Gourd: A Bengali Folktale,” retold by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni and richly illustrated by Susy Pilgrim Waters. Story mode features interactive gardening and gourd rolling mini-games. Auto-narration is also an option.
ROLL: Play a rollicking, STEM-based mini-game inspired by the story as you roll Grandma through the forest & unlock powerful gourds of different shapes and sizes! Created with input from science educators.
RECORD: Story and Sound Effects Studios where you can create custom narrations & play with literary elements such as alliteration and onomatopoeia. Your child will love hearing his/her voice in the story and game. Parents, teachers, and grandparents can also use this feature to translate and record the story in another language; a great tool for bilingual homes and classrooms!
EXPLORE: Take a virtual field trip to South Asia to get a taste of its food, art, music, language, and clothing with our maps and In-App videos!
– Language: Kids from around the world say Grandma in different languages?
– Dress: An animated video of how to put on a sari!
– Animals: Meet the wildlife of the Sundarbans Forest
– Art: Discover Alpona, a traditional art form
– Food: Make a sweet treat” inspired by Grandma’s puffed rice snack!
PLUS: An original music score and voiceover by award-winning composer and voice artist Kamala Sankaram, recognized as “one of “10 cutting edge artists that have captured the imagination” (WQXR) and “strikingly original” (The New York Times).
– Read by Myself and Auto Read for Me modes
– Text highlighting
– Interactive Gardening mini-game
– Physics-inspired mini-game, created with input of science educators
– Recording Studio great for language localization for classrooms or bilingual homes
– Free curriculum connections guide for educators and parents
– One time download
– Story text in Castledown, a dyslexic-friendly font recognized by Wired magazine as a “font designed to help kids learn to read and write”
– Great for traveling: No Internet connection needed to run app or play videos
Recommended Ages: 3-8
Categories: Book, Classics, Folklore, Reading, Literature, Picture Books, Multicultural, Strong Girls,
Please WRITE A REVIEW of Grandma’s Great Gourd. We want to hear what you think!
This app has no advertisements